Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Trader Joe's is Sweet


Let me start off by saying this: I love sweet potatoes and enjoy them in different forms (baked, fried, mashed etc.) so I was ecstatic, yet a bit pessimistic, when I saw frozen ‘Sweet Potato Frites’ at Trader Joe’s. Normally I am disappointed by the few frozen varieties I have had from other stores. We baked them the other night and we love them (even the 2 and 4 year olds). Although you will never be able to crisp them up like a fryer can, I baked them (on foil) a bit longer that the recommended time and was pleased. The best part is that they are cut to a good width so when you bake them a bit longer, they aren’t hard sticks. These are a tasty and affordable contribution from TJ’s….I picked up two more bags today.

1 comment:

Zippy said...

Why didn't I buy these when I was there. I'm also a sweet-potatoe-a-holic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin