Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Martha's Red-Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes



This month's Everyday Food featured a recipe that immediately caught my eye when I went through their index (one of the first things I do). Man oh man, Red-Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes! I am always looking for ways to be creative with sweet potatoes. So, since the kids were playing so nicely with the train table, I made quick work of getting the items roasting and I was free to join them at play. Then, when only 5 minutes of roasting was left, I prepped the salad and then sat down with my daughter to sample (she only went for the lettece and 'mommy' fries-a future story). My instant first thought was 'where is the flavor?' and then a second later, oh, it is all there, it is simply a subtle dish, although I will say the garlic gives a punch to the dressing as does the onion when you get a few together. This salad is lovely and has a wonderful balance of texture. An definite keeper. Oh, resist the urge to separate the onion layer once you quarter it because you run the chance of overcooking some pieces, like I did. They will naturally fall apart anyway.

p.s. The photo above is my salad--looks just like hers eh?

1 comment:

Marlene McGarrity said...

Your salad actually looks nicer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin