Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Orange-Scented Beets



A few months ago, I had a wonderful dinner with a friend and we ordered a beet salad. Now, the last time I had eaten beets, I was probably 5 and felt that I was scarred for a lifetime. Now that I am, let's just say, over 30, I decided that I was going to be opened-minded and order the beet salad and I enjoyed it. So, when I ran across this recipe, I decided that I would give it a try. I would say I followed it well although I only used a pound of beets so I cut all the ingredients by a third. I found this to be a nice dish and my friend, who also critiqued the soup recipe, also described this as rustic and earthy and said she thought it was great. Now go ahead you wimpy ones, give it a try like I did.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin