Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Salmon 'ala Hamm'

I was inspired to expand upon a recipe that a friend once shared. Always try to use the freshest fish you can find. I will post about identifying fresh fish at a later date.



Ingredients:
1 lb. Salmon (skin removed)
Worcheshire Sauce (I just shake it on but I will guess 3 tablespoons)
1/2 lemon
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter*
1/2 onion
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
2 tablespoons fresh or 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
Ground pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place the Salmon on a large sheet of foil, season with pepper, dress with Worcestershire sauce, the dill and a few thin pats of butter. Then toss on garlic, place thin slices of onion (I prefer sweet) all over the filet and cover with thin slices of lemon.

3. Wrap the filet in foil, place on pan and bake for approx. 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Check the doneness and bake longer if needed.

4. The lemon slices should be discarded but the onions get partially caramelized and taste great. I did not mention seasoning with salt as the Worcestershire is salty.

*(Ok, if you are going to worry about a little bit amount of butter, than skip it)

3 comments:

A View from the Nest said...

I had the opportunity of tasting this lovely slice of salmon the next day, served cold on a salad and it was amazing!! I will definitely be serving this to my family and thank you, Savor the Thyme, for a taste of one of your savory creations.

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) said...

This sounds so easy! I've been looking for a good fish recipe to try out :)

Cathy said...

Oh, this sounds yummy! And with Wild Alaskan Salmon....the BEST! I have never done salmon with worcestershire sauce, but I am going to try this. I love dill, too. OH, this may be dinner tomorrow!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin