Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

S & M Orzo

Caught your attention didn't I? This recipe includes Snow peas and Mushrooms and I intended to make it as a side dish but it ended up being the main dish. Well, a side for the kids and the main dish for us since the kids ate all the pizza. Also, I thought I would end up using a bit of butter and salt/pepper but did not need any of them so if you make this, let me know if you added any.

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
8 oz. organic baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3 oz fresh snow peas, cut*
1 lb. orzo (use whole wheat if you can)
1. Boil water, add salt and cook orzo per instrucitons on the box.
2. Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Add shallots and saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes or until brown. Add peas and cook for 1 minute.
3. Drain orzo, and mix in mushroom/pea mixture.
*I simply cut them in half, than once lengthwise

9 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Jennifer, this looks wonderful! Is it wrong to want this for breakfast? I don't care!

Anonymous said...

LOL, love the title - looks delicious!

The Duo Dishes said...

You definitely got everyone's attention! Nice orzo there.

Tangled Noodle said...

I love orzo - I usually use it in a soup but this would make a fabulous accompaniment. Naughty pasta!

Lori said...

This is sad, but I've never made orzo! I need to try this recipe for sure. :)

Reeni said...

This looks so good! I love orzo and don't make it often enough. I've been following you for just a short time but haven't been getting any of your updates. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem that you know of?

Jennifer said...

Not getting udpates? darn, I thought that was fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Kiezie said...

I love snow peas but I've never cooked orzo. I think we need to remedy that!! :) Thanks, it looks delicious!!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Looks so tasty! I love orzo... and it only gets better with snow peas and mushrooms!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin