Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chicken 'Caprese'

This weekend offered us a taste of spring. This lead me to daydream of the days of summer and the many days at the beach. What tasty wraps, salads, etc. would I pack for our lunches? Caprese salad popped into my mind and chicken but what about the combination? Did I have mozzarella? yes. Did I have tomatoes? Yes, grape. Did I have basil? nope. But I have baby spinach leaves! perfect.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
12 baby spinach leaves, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved

1. I first pounded the breasts gently to thin them out just a bit. Then, with small knife, make a slit in the chicken to create a small pocket. Stuff half of the cheese into pocket, followed by the spinach. Secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with the salt and pepper.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the chicken approximately 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, sprinkle with the remaining salt & pepper and cook for 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, scatter the tomatoes over the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.

7 comments:

chiara said...

this looks so good and easy - I'm going to try it tonight with feta and arugula (all I have in the fridge!)

Reeni said...

I have been craving stuffed chicken all day!! These look really delicious!

TheFitnessFreak said...

This looks delicious! Great picture!

Anonymous said...

Love this. You make really colorful, healthy dishes.

dawn said...

sounds so yummy and easy. i will try

Talita said...

This looks and sounds so tempting! Yummy!

testing 1 said...

Oh wow, an amazing recipe, especially since I just did a BOGO on spinach leaves at Albertson's yesterday. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to come check out your blog, it's amazing! I'm going to have to share about you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin