Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meyer Lemon Red Snapper and Round-up II

I do not recall when I have had red snapper which that tells me that it has been more than 10 years. I found some frozen filet's at Trader Joe's and decided I would use them in my meyer lemon madness....I mean lemon and fish are a classic right? So how would it taste with the orange essences? I think darn tasty.

Ingredients:
12 oz. red snapper filets
2 tablespoon meyer lemon juice
1 large clove garlic
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
6 slices meyer lemon

1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2. Squeeze meyer lemon juice into bowl, then add oil, garlic, sea salt and whisk together.
3. Place filet's onto foil (enough to make a packet), pour mixture onto filet's, and top with lemon slices. Seal filet's (like a packet) and let sit about 10 minutes. Place into oven and bake 30-35 minutes*
*The filets were quite thick so it took longer than I anticipated.

Meyer Lemon Round-up II:


Kathy of Healthy. Happy. Life. (that title makes me smile) made an amazing vegan dessert called 'Meyer Lemon Custard Island Parfait (she made me smile again) that is made with few ingredients and says that we can make it in 30 seconds.....shall we give it a try?


101 Cookbooks has a fabulous risotto recipe featuring the zest of 4 meyer lemons. Zesty!

14 comments:

Chef E said...

Red Snapper has not been seen due to over fishing...but I love it as well, and you have done it justice with this dish!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I read your post title and my brain saw the colors of your recipe. This sounds really good.

Kiezie said...

More Meyer Deliciousness! I love it!

Joie de vivre said...

I tend to go for clams and oysters when I'm at the fishmonger, I don't think I've ever even seen red snapper actually. I do need to branch out a little though.

TheFitnessFreak said...

Now all I have to do is get the rest of the family eating fish. My DH has tried many times to no avail. I might just have to make it for lunch:)

Heather S-G said...

Looks good! When-oh-when will I find a meyer lemon?

Reeni said...

I think tasty too!! Fish + lemon = classically delicious!

Tangled Noodle said...

Definitely a classic pairing and you've done it justice. This looks quite tasty!

Dewi said...

Oh I love meyer lemon, I love it so much that I had to plan three of them. Red snapper sounds superb with lemon.
Cheers,
elra

testing 1 said...

Congrats Jennifer! I pulled your name for the Quaker Oats birthday kit! Please email me your address DawnSmithEvents@yahoo.com so I can send it out to you!

Donna-FFW said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous, I cant find the darned meyer lemons anywhere, anywhere. It all sounds so good, and I love your roundups!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

The Red Snapper is complete eye candy, I adore fish cooked with lemons and Meyer lemons just put tis way over the top!

Maria said...

I haven't made red snapper in ages. Great recipe!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful recipe for meyer lemon red snapper! Sounds very delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin