Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fast & Frugal Friday: Meyer Lemon Dressing featuring Stonyfield & Round-up finale

Wow, has it been a whole week filled with meyer lemon madness? Yes, and I did not even share all of my recipes. Maybe I will toss one in here and there as spring decides to stick around. This meyer lemon recipe is special as it was my first foray into tasting and using Greek yogurt in a recipe. I have heard and read so many great things about Greek yogurt and was lucky enough to receive some coupons from my favorite yogurt company, Stonyfield. In addition, two local grocery stores just started carrying their Oikos Greek Yogurt.


My family enjoys and trusts Stonyfield so much that we now have a company deliver our milk and yogurt because they have 'YoKids' squeezers for my kids. They are organic, made from real fruit and have 25% less sugar. Haven't tried them? you must! I can not stand the ones most stores offer that contain artificial flavors and colors-yuk. At any rate, the Greek yogurt was amazing: the texture and creaminess were a joy. Why is it creamier that regular yogurt? because the whey has been removed (via straining). I find it amazing that it has 0% fat, less carbs. and twice the protein of regular yogurt. What an easy way to eat healthier. Plus, it is organic! Better for you (no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners) and the earth (no pesticides, chemical fertilizers, etc.). Try using it in many dishes, even as a substitute for sour cream or mayonnaise to lower the fat in your dish. By the way, it also comes in blueberry, honey and vanilla. Time to experiment with more flavors. Want some e-coupons for their products? Click here

5.3 oz. plain Oikos Greek yogurt
2 large garlic clove
3 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
2 tablespoons parsley

Place the garlic cloves, parsley and lemon juice into mini-chopper/processor. Pulse a few times to desired consistency, add in yogurt, pulse to mix. Serve.

Round-up finale:


A perfect example that simple is best from Slashfood. Linguine with meyer lemon. What, worried about the fat in creme fraiche? substitute Greek yogurt! hum, I think I will make this tonight.




The Recipe Girl needed a hostess gift for a dinner party and was inspired to create this wonderful meyer lemon loaf. I wish she was coming over tonight.






And finally, would this be complete without a little Martha? I could not finish up without making note of this Meyer Lemon Cake.

17 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

Thanks for the mention. Now I want to make that cake again! YUM!

Robyn said...

what is the first recipe with the yogurt? like a salad dressing? i've been meaning to try greek yogurt...

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds lovely. The cake especially looks delicious.

Kiezie said...

This all looks so good. Thanks for doing the lemon round up.

Anonymous said...

We've got our Oikos coupons too. Time to test out a bunch of yogurt recipes! That cake looks oh so tasty.

Chef E said...

I have made the yogurt from scratch and it does make a difference if you need it for a greek recipe! Glad the meyer lemon post is coming along, as I have not venture out to look for any, and will be in bed a few more days...

Sippity Sup said...

I only eat Greek Yogurt. Once you try it you cannot go back to the sicky sweet varieties. Besides the texture is so elegant! GREG

Daily Spud said...

After a whole week of meyer lemonness, I feel extra sad at not being able to source any here - there are so many of these lovely meyer lemon recipes that I would love to try out. I know I can try the lemon+orange juice substitution, but I would just love to see what the real thing is like :)

Lauren said...

I liek the idea to use the yogurt in a dressing. I hate mayo, so I always pass on creamy dressings even though sometimes they go best. Hm.

Anonymous said...

That dressing looks yummy and a great alternative to the regular Greek dressing - I love Greek yogurt and lemons. Thanks for visiting my site -your blog is wonderful!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Oh my, oh my, so many things to try........... and so little time:)

Tangled Noodle said...

I just bought a container of Oikos after hearing so much about it! I wish I'd picked up some Meyers, too. The dressing sounds awesome.

Soma said...

I just got me some meyer lemons! yet to do things with it, but the possibiliteis seem endless. Need to pick one soon.
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

Cookie Brochette said...

The yogurt...I wonder if that could be made into a cuke dressing for Gyros? Mmmm!

Cookie B.
Lightbulb Cuisine

Unknown said...

FYI: Fox news mentioned a recall on Stonyfield plain non-fat yogurt this AM. Heads up!

Jennifer said...

All ,the recall only on 6oz Free Blueberry Yogurt cups-not any greek items

PG said...

I wish I had not passed the deadline on this roundup. I just made my first meyer lemon dish. I had never been able to find them until just recently.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin