Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Meyer Lemon Quinoa with Asparagus & Peas; Round-up IV

I often find that it is the side dishes that are the hardest to think up. I can choose a main dish with no problem but always want to turn up the interest factor with the side dish. Well, this time, I thought of two dishes but then combined them.

First, I made quinoa and tossed it with some meyer lemon juice. Then I decided to steamed some peas and asparagus and mixed them with the quinoa and added a lemon infused oil. Below I present the marriage of the two.



Ingredients (others listed with links):
1/2 cup frozen peas
12 thin spears of asparagus, chopped into 1/2-1 inch lengths
Juice and rind from 1 meyer lemon.

Directions:

1. I made the meyer lemon scented oil earlier in the day (subtituted meyer lemon for std. lemon).

2. I Prepared the quinoa

3. While the quinoa was cooking, I steamed the peas and asparagus and then combined everything with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Enjoy.

Round-up IV:



Elise of Simply Recipes, made a delicious meyer lemon marmalade that everyone loves. She does warn however, that making this can be tricky if you are inexperienced so give it a few tries.







Becks & Posh make a statement that I can get behind: 'These are moments when I wish someone has invented scratch-and-sniff internet.' Take a peek at this post as they list many recipes for meyer lemons.

8 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Creative yet again! Thanks Jennifer:)

Anonymous said...

Quinoa with Asparagus and peas sounds like a perfectly refresing side dish!

Kiezie said...

We love quinoa -- I buy it in huge bags and this looks wonderful!! Another great use for the next box of Meyer lemons I just bought!! Thanks!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Wonderful combinations here! Very creative and very tasty.

Donna-FFW said...

I enjoy seeing all these dishes.. Love the combo!!

Sara said...

I love the idea of combining meyer lemons with quinoa. Very creative!

Tangled Noodle said...

It sounds so refreshing and very seasonal! I'll have to try the lemon-infused oil.

Joanne said...

Simple dishes like this really make the best kind of side. Something that will come together quickly and not detract from the main dish. Lovely.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin