Originally I intended this recipe to be for my fast & frugal Friday post however, I did not remember until late Friday night and I never took a photo as we ate it all. Ops. Therefore, in order to give you some eye candy, I will also tell you about a fantastic night out with the ladies. Up first is the turkey recipe.
This is another 'one dish' type of meal, where you do a little prep, toss it all into dish, cook it and you are done. I did make some multi-grain pasta on the side however, that was mostly for the kids. This is a great dish for 4 adults. We all loved it.
1 lb, boneless, skinless turkey cutlets
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
1/3 sweet onions, cut into thick slices
4 oz. baby bella mushrooms
4 oz. green beans
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup low sodium organic chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk together the chicken broth and vinegar in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and dredge through the broth/vinegar mixture and
place into an oven proof dish.
4. Toss vegetables into the remaining broth/vinegar mixture, stir and place the veggies and liquid onto the turkeys cutlets.
5. Bake approx. 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the cutlets.
So, onto the party. I joined the MOMS Club back when I first became a stay at home mom and found it to be so supportive and a great way to make friends. Once a month we have a moms night out and this month we met for a wine and cheese party.
The woman who hosted the party used the suggestions from my post titled 'Cheese-Wine pairings for Dummies'. She printed some information from the site and used it as labels on the wine bottles.
We had a great time with the pairings and some other nibbles (including the watermelon salad) that ladies brought along. Host one of these parties yourself: maybe for couples, guys or gals.