Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Fast & Frugal Friday: Balsamic Marinade for Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

BlogHer was upon us and this mommy had tons to do so I needed a super quick and all in one kind of dinner. I relied on the old family favorite: some sort of marinade with balsamic vinegar. I have great balsamic raspberry recipe but I did not even want to stand at the stove so I threw this marinade together and let the chicken and vegetables sit while the oven warmed.



1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
8 oz. Portabella Mushrooms
1 Zucchini

Marinade:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butterfly chicken breasts, place in a baking dish and drizzle with 1/2 of the marinade, toss to coat and set aside.

2. Cut the zucchini in half length wise and then cut at an angle into 1 inch pieces. I bought the mushrooms already sliced so I placed the vegetables in a dish, added remaining marinade and tossed.

3. I wandered off to fold some laundry and when I came back, the oven was ready and the food has been marinating about 10 minutes. I then placed the 2 baking dishes into the oven for 20 minutes, tossed and allowed to bake another 10 minutes or so.

4. Enjoy. Heads up: the chicken gets stained dark from the vinegar so be ready to see the reaction in the kids faces. We simply explained it was vinegar and they were fine.

7 comments:

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

This dish sounds delicious - I love the taste of veggies marinated in Balsamic vinegar! Enjoyed chatting with you last night on the #SOSFood chat on Twitter!

Anonymous said...

Balsamic marinade sounds like a great flavor enhancement for roasted chicken!

Cucinista said...

Looks great -- this recipe is so me!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Mmmmm, yummy in the tummy:)~

Donna-FFW said...

I love that you chose to add portabellos and zucchini in this dish. Sounds lovely, perfect for summer months!

Sippity Sup said...

Terrific way to try and beat the heat.GREG

renae said...

Sounds delicious, anxious to try it! But how many does it serve?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin