Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Ice Cream Social Challenge - Round-up

Where to begin? Well, first of all, I am drooling and have indulged in far to much ice cream while putting this post together. The response to this challenge has been amazing with 64 entries! Therefore, the submissions will be rounded up on all three sites today so start ogling before you head out (sites listed later) and be sure to visit each of the entrants sites and show them some comment love.

We also wanted to have adequate time to judge these so the winners will not be posted until tomorrow.

Do you think the food blogger community will give all three of us the 'Best Challenge Ever' award?


1. A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine is obviously very creative by concocting these refreshing "Summer Smart Treat Fatfree Juice & Fruit Ice Candy" treats.










2. I called dibs on this one when I saw that Annie-Eats created a Coffee Ice Cream! I am a fan of coffee and now of Annie!









3. Greetings from southern France! Dhanggit of 'Dhanggit's Kitchen' says 'Bon Jour' by welcoming her guests with a Melon-Raspberry Ice Cream










4. Barbara of 'Barbara Bakes' and her hubby created Strawberry Ice Cream for their annual family reunion. Wish I was in their family.









5. Ana of PigPig's Corner entered this amazing Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream. What a lovely photo.








6. Lori of Fake Free Food created a Banana and Avocado Ice Cream. This brings back special memories as I used to mash up bananas and avocados for my little baby to eat.






7. Deeba of Passionate About Baking demonstrates how passionate she really is by baking peaches and plums for the Low Fat Roasted Peach and Plum Eggless Ice Cream.










8. Eralda from The Split Pea, became obsessed with kumquats and once her friend mentioned an ice cream article, her mind was set and the Candied Kumquat Ice Cream was created. Now I need to go find some kumquats.




9. First of all, I knew Kelly was super cool because of the name of her blog, 'Byte-Size'. Then I found her on Twitter and we have shared a few funny tweets andthen she goes on to impress me by using port wine in her Plum-Port Sorbet (my hubby is Portuguese)! ?! Friends for life.






10. Monica of 'Lick the Bowl Good' was watching PBS and was inspired to create Pomegranate and Pear Sorbet and then served it for her mom-in-law's birthday. I bet she scored some points!








11. During a good ole Texan heat wave, Monica made these fantastic Strawberry-Orange popsicles to keep cool. It is hot here as well so come on by and share.






12. Napping with ice cream? Apparently that is what my buddy Kelsey aka The NapTime Chef' did when she made her 'Peppermint Bark Ice Cream'. Sounds like a sticky situation. By the way, Kelsey did an entire ice cream series so go check out her other fabulous creations!






13. Carol of Uncovering Food, used organic vanilla beans to create her Vanilla Bean Plum Frozen Yogurt. So light and refreshing.









14. Who would think of this? Using potato, never mind purple potato in an ice cream? Apparently, Leela of She Simmers would as she concocted a Baked Purple Potato and Sour Cream Creamsicles . No kidding.






15. Gregg, of Sippity Sup fame, managed to create Cherry Garcia Ice Cream while suffering a broken jaw. I hope this helped. It sure made me feel happy.









16. Angelica? Have you heard of it? Very Small Ana did some intense research in crafting her Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Cream and decided on using angelica after consulting 'The Flavor Bible'. She then took it to the next level by serving it up in a tartlet. Do you think she has any left for me? I bet she would make some for me if I showed up at her place.







17. Another inspired concoction by Very Small Ana. This time she was inspired by a drink at the coffee shop in her local mall. The parts that inspire me are the fact that she used soy milk and vodka in this Matcha Soy Milk Ice Cream.






18. Chezus created this amazingly colorful Boysenberry Sorbet and used verbena infused simple syrup to replace the sugar. Bravo!











19. Michele, that lovely Brown-Eyed Baker also submitted this delectable Spumoni Ice Cream Terrine. I mena not one ice cream but three: chocolate, pistachio and cherry!





20. Sarah of What Smells So Good? grabbed to of her friends and came up with this tasty Cherry Chip Sorbet. Looks like it is time to cross the border and get me some sorbet.



To see the other entries, please go visit Tangled Noodle and Scotty Snacks.

14 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

How did I ever miss an ice cream round-up?! How fun, those all look yummy!

Lori said...

Yours is the first round-up post I've read so far and I can already tell that this is going to be the ultimate of ice cream cookbooks. So many great ideas!

Kelsey B. said...

Very nice round-up! Bravo everyone!

Barbara Bakes said...

64 entries - that's an impressive roundup! How will I ever try them all?

Deeba PAB said...

What a refreshing round up. You guys deserve an award for putting the best & most innovative ice-cream round up...WOW!!Thank you...I love the creativity of food bloggers!!

Deb in Hawaii said...

What a great round-up and such a successful event. So many wonderful flavors to choose from!

Sippity Sup said...

fantastic wonderful glorious! Great Job...GREG

TheFitnessFreak said...

Oh my, my, now I must run off and make myself some delicious ice cream:) Nice job!

The Duo Dishes said...

Good luck to them all. Too hard to just pick one!

Anonymous said...

So many delicious ice cream entries! Excellent round-up!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Wow they all look so delicious! I just bought that Popsicle mold that a number of people used! Love it!

A New England Girl said...

Oh my goodnesss... these all look SO delicious. I would have a hard time picking just one to eat!! And lovely photos to boot, too. :) Lovely round-up!

Tangled Noodle said...

This was great fun! Thanks so much for all your hard work with our Ice Cream Social - as always, it's been a blast collaborating with you!

Unknown said...

Oh my golly, what a surprise to be a winner in this round up and to think I almost missed it, having only discovered your blogs a few hours before the deadline. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of this. I just noticed though that the link on this blog to my ice-cream entry is giving an error 404. Can this be fixed? Again Thank You. Now I am off to bookmark some other great recipes from this roundup that I MUST try!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin