Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

EatingWell Wednesday - Fruit & Chicken Salad

I posted earlier about this fantastic broccoli and bacon salad I made for the Time for Lunch Campaign. However, I held out on you as the other lovely salad I made was EatingWell's Fruit & Chicken Salad.

Gosh, we all devoured both of those salads and I was thrilled to find that I still had everything I needed to make my own for a late night snack last night. Yum!


(photo pre-feta and dressing)

In case you were wondering what the kids thought, they were mad that I made the watermelon and cantaloupe into 'balls' so they marched off and stuck to the corn and grapes.

9 comments:

Trish said...

That looks amazing!!!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Beautiful salad... Funny that the kids wouldn't eat the melon balls, though. I think I was probably like that as a child.

Fresh Local and Best said...

What a great idea to ball melons onto the salad! I'm sure your kids will warm up to the idea someday.

New England Girl said...

That looks delish and aesthetically pleasing- well done!! :)

TheFitnessFreak said...

Looks yummy! How funny that the kids thought otherwise:)

girlichef said...

That's too funny...kids do the darndest things sometimes...you'd think the "balls" would be a hit! :D This is a delicious looking salad.

Mary said...

What a wonderful looking dish. Next time you make this enlist the kids to use scoop the melon balls. Might help.

5 Star Foodie said...

The salad looks delightful! How come the kids didn't like the watermelon & cantaloupe balls? These are cute, I love this idea!

Kelsey B. said...

This looks delicious. And great work on the SF lunch, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin