This is definitely frugal because you use the boneless, skinless breasts you bought on sale and cut them into strips yourself. Then use the bag of pretzels you have been stashing to make a tasty dinner. I tossed some chopped olives on the side along with some sauteed sugar snap peas and the chow down commenced.
1 lb. chicken cut into strips (I found organic chicken at BJ's wholesale)
~2 cups of organic oat pretzels, roughly crushed (do not make too tiny or will not be crispy)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 organic egg
2 tablespoons 1% organic milk
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place a cooling rock onto a baking sheet. This is key to a crispy crust.
3. Mix egg and milk in one bowl and combine. Place flour on a plate and season well. Place lightly crushed pretzels on a separate plate and season well. Create an assemble line from left to right as follows: flour, egg mixture, pretzel, cooling rack.
4. Dip chicken strip in flour and shake excess. Dip into egg, then cover with cereal and place on rack.
5. Bake approx. 15 minutesServe with Jen's mustard dipping sauce.
Did you see that I am giving away a ticket to the TypeAMom Conference?