Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

EatingWell Wednesday - Tangerine or Orange Scented Green Bean

Shopping Sunday mornings alone is an event I look forward to each week. It is relatively quiet and without children, I can often have a clear head to brainstorm. Today I saw the pile of Tangerines at the produce end-cap and knew that Tangerine scented green beans were in our future.

Luckily, my children enjoy many citrus fruits, but I tell my friends to always try foods in a different way: raw, roasted, mixed in with favorites. Basically, think outside the box, I also like to show the family how you may not necessarily enjoy a food in one form, but find joy in another. This includes the rind of a tangerine.

Once I arrived home, I headed to EatingWell and followed their Orange Scented Green Bean recipe however, I used thawed organic frozen green beans (score on the sale!) and tangerine peel.

4 comments:

chow and chatter said...

this is a great recipe happy thanksgiving Jenn

Unplanned Cooking said...

I sent my son with a box of clementines to his school feast, and they came back home with him (nobody ate them). So this would be a good recipe for us to try to use them up. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Organic and on sale is always good! I bet these are tasty and so easy to boot : )

Kelsey B. said...

I LOVE citrus scents with green vegetables. Great idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin