There are not many of us in the US that have not grown up with beef or special memories of family meals that did not involve beef. Here is the one that I thought of immediately: Mom's Beef Stew.
I remember that my sister, mom and I lived in this small apartment and my mom worked two jobs. Because of her work schedule and getting home after 5:00 each day, she made dinner late at night to reheat for the next days dinner. I vividly recall the scents of the beef stew simmering. It kept me up late some nights. I loved this meal and felt proud of how easily I ate the veggies in it.
Oh yes, I bet you want to know about the giveaway right? I am talking a $100 online gift card giveaway to Omaha Steaks.
How to enter: You must do both for a valid entry (can do in one or sep. comments) and be sure that a valid email address is available.
1. Share your "Favorite memories of making everyday occasions special with beef” or 'Why you heart beef.'
2. Please link to something that you found helpful on the “Beef It’s What’s For Dinner” website. A tip, recipe etc.
Additional Entries (Null if entry above not completed): These are optional however, you MUST leave a comment for each one separately.
1. Join the Savor the Thyme Facebook Fan Page and leave a comment with your FB name
2. Follow @savorthethyme on Twitter.
3. Post this on Twitter (can do every day if you wish but need separate comment for each entry) "Entered to win $100 Omaha Steaks Gift Certificate from @savorthethyme @Beeffordinner. Plz RT http://bit.ly/dxhhLz #iheartbeef
4. Follow @BeefForDinner on Twitter
5. Subscribe to the Savor the Thyme RSS feed (on the right sidebar).
6. Become a fan of Beef It's What's For Dinner on Facebook and leave a comment with your FB name
Contest ends 11:59 pm EST on Sunday, February 28, 2010.
Later this week, I will be sharing both the special Valentine's meal that I made my hubby with help from 'Beef Its What for Dinner' Website and the first grass fed ground burgers that we made this week.
To improve your chances of winning (but can only win 1 of the contests), here are the links to this contest on my colleagues blogs: Chef Druck , Robins Online World , ModernMami, Mommy's Must Haves, A Southern FairyTale, Mama Law , The Busy Dad Blog
I am participating in this giveaway while working on a “I Heart Beef” campaign with TheMotherhood.com on behalf of The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.