Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

National Food Blogger Bake Sale - Share Our Strength

Some of you are aware of my participation in campaigns towards ending hunger and how important they are to me. Today, I am proud to share that I am leading the state of Rhode Island in the the 1st Annual Food Bloggers Bake Sale as part of the Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale.


Share Our Strength has been working hard to fight childhood hunger across America by raising awareness and funds every year. On April 17th, food bloggers from all over the country will participate.


The location for the Rhode Island bake sale is The Pizza Place in downtown Westerly. I am still looking for folks to bake, bring the baked goods to the restaurant, manning the table at the sale, publicity and with contacting bakeries. Please contact me with ideas, to donate, to participate or for more information.


If you are from another state and want to sign up to host a bake sale in your area, or join a bake sale, Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking has a list of food bloggers and their contact information.



My contact information:
Email: savorthethyme@cox.net
Twitter @savorthethyme
Facebook Fan Page

3 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Jennifer! You should be so proud of yourself! What a great cause and congratulations on leading R.I.!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Nicely written. I will be writing my info on my blog tonight! I look forward to being a part of something that is such a 'good thing'. I will be running the New Jersey location. This is my first time at this...I feel honored to be a part of this.

I will be following your blog...look forward to your recipes!

Carmen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin