Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bison 'Chop Suey' or 'American Goulash' : An updated 70's Classic

Ground Bison, Whole Grain Pasta & Sauce = simple, quick, affordable and nutritious!




If you are wondering what the thing on the pan is, it is a splatter screen. I love my splatter screen. I use it when I saute, brown etc. and really love it when I am warming or making marinara sauce. You ever turn up the heat and walkaway to find that suace is all over the stovetop and wall? You can find it in my Shop.

Also, the 15% off for the Curious Chef measure and prep gift set expires tomorrow -> take advantage of this offer using code CURIOUS15.

Oh the recipe is simple: While the pasta is boiling, simply brown the meat and then add in some marinara sauce, toss the pasta in after draining and mix well.

3 comments:

debbie said...

Interesting--I grew up with American Chop Suey, too, but with what looks like a completely different recipe! My mom's version is a one-pot dish; you cook the macaroni in the same pan as the meat/veg/sauce and it absorbs all that good flavor. Details here: http://wordstoeatby.blogspot.com/2004/11/american-chop-suey.html

Can't wait to see your recipe written out, so we can compare ;)

the wicked noodle said...

Sounds delicious!

Mommy Niri said...

Love the apron (and you too of course).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin