Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Popcorn Trail Mix - Snack in a Bag

Spring time is finally here and we are all going to be spending more time outside and that means we need to bring snacks along for the ride. And since we all love popcorn, feel free to utilize it in this trail mix.

Hey, no picking out popcorn and cereal allowed, only handfuls with fruits & nuts to be consumed.


Ingredients:
3 cups plain or lightly buttered popcorn
½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
1/3 cup whole raw almonds
1 cup honey nut O cereal

Instructions:
1. Pop the popcorn according to manufacturer’s instructions

2. Meanwhile, place the cranberries, almonds and cereal in a bowl.

3. Add the popcorn, toss well and distribute 1 cup each into a bowl or plastic bag for easy transport.

Yield: 4 servings at 1 cup each

6 comments:

RhodeyGirl said...

YUM! I love simple snack mixes!!!

~Melinda said...

Huh! I never thought to add popcorn to trail mix. Thanks!!

Tangled Noodle said...

Nothing here that I'd pick out! I'll eat the whole lot. 8-)

The Diva on a Diet said...

I've never thought to make a trail mix with popcorn ... what a great idea! I love popcorn!

CrystalsCozyKitchen said...

I love the combination in this snack mix, I love all the ingredients. Thanks for the idea.

TheFitnessFreak said...

I've never thought of adding popcorn to trail mix. That looks yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin