Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Sex & The City 2 Soundtrack - Win a Call from Sarah Jessica Parker!

When you think of or hear of Sex and the City, you think of great friends, fun and laughs right? Well, I do and have been looking forward to the movie (released May 27th) for two years so when I was offered a copy* of the Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (released May 25th) to review, I said 'yes.



Songs:
1. I expected that the new soundtrack would start off with a fun and upbeat dance tune and I was not disappointed. The remake of Blondie’s ‘Rapture’ by Alicia Keys makes me smile, dance and feel full of energy. I have played this song numerous times a day and it is now a part of the positive energy in my house and the kids love joining in the fun. In fact, I have so much fun with this song that I feel the need to have a night out with the ladies at a dance club. Listen for the reference to ‘Big.

2. The next song is ‘Everything to Lose’ by Dido. This song starts off with Dido’s ethereal sounding voice followed by an upbeat tempo that becomes faster. One thing I appreciate about Dido’s voice is that you can understand each word she sings. I envision this song being remixed into a club mix.

3. Cee-Lo sings ‘Language of Love’ starts off with a ethnic sounding chant. It is not as upbeat as the first two but makes me feel happy.

4. ‘Window Seat’ by Erykah Badu slows things down a bit with this sexy and soulful song. I can picture a nice dance with my husband after a great dinner. This woman’s voice is so smooth.

5. Kidda was already a song that I loved from a club CD I listen too, so finding this song on the CD was a great surprise. Because I had seen the ads for the movie, I knew they spend some time in the desert so I started envisioning the ladies and all of the adventures they would have. This I another song that motivates me and is a bit sexy. I love it.



6. Continuing on the Arabian theme, comes ‘Euphrates Dream’ by Michael McGregor. Another fun and thumping song. I love hearing music from other countries as it is refreshing to be exposed to other culture's music in such a mainstream way.

7. Now, is when the album begins to take a turn for me. My first reaction was ‘What?!’. Yes, a remake of Singles Ladies by Liza Minnelli. Now, I have honestly never really listened to much of her music and this reinforces why. Next…

8.We go back to a fun song titled ‘Can’t Touch It’ by Ricki-Lee. The song makes you want to put on some stilettos OR gives you the energy to mop. I say go with the stilettos.

9. The next track is ‘Empire State of Mind’ by Alicia Keys, which is a very popular song but is not one of my favorites. However, it does seem fitting for this movie though.

10. The album then gives you it’s first taste of more a romantic and slow tempo'd direction with ‘Love is your color’ by Jennifer Hudson and Liona Lewis. A lovely ballad with two lovely voices.

11. Before sticking to its’ slower direction, a rendition of ‘I am woman’ sneaks in and is sung by the four stars of the movie, SJP, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon. I can only imagine this scene in the movie. It is quite alright.



12. There are then three song, all remakes, sung by the ‘Sex and the City men’s Choir'. I had no idea this group existed and assume it was assembled for the movie. All three songs signal a throw back to the 40’s and 50’s. The songs are very smooth and romantic but I am growing tired of remakes on the album.

13. Continuing along the 40’s genre and remakes is ‘Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered’ which is fine and sung well but I am tired of the remakes.


14. A ballad with Ms. Minnelli and Billy Stritch which is fine but not my cup of tea as they say.

15. The final song is ‘Divas and Dunes’ which is gentle and short but seems unnecessary. Overall, this album is one that I am glad to own however, I think I will only be playing the first half but, maybe I will appreciate the rest if the soundtrack more once I see the movie.

If you want to grab yourself a copy, head over to
Amazon.com. You can also 'Like' the Facebook Fan Page.

p.s. You can win a call from Sarah Jessica Parker!

*CD provided by One2One Network.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin