This past Tuesday, my daughter asked 'Mom, have I tried mango?'. I told her she had but I would make her something with mango on Thursday, so here it is: your dinner for tomorrow. Light, tangy and to me, a taste of spring.
1 lb. chicken breast (cut in half lengthwise so you have 4 cutlets and faster cooking)
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium vine-riped tomato, chopped
1/2 mango (eat the rest while preparing the meal-yum), diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (no time to toast-use untoasted)
salt & pepper
1. Prepare quinoa as directed here or make it the night before.
2. Heat oil over medium/medium high heat. Sprinkle each breast with a salt and pepper on both sides and add to pan.
3. Saute each side 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
4. Turn pan to low and allow to cool slightly. Add mango, tomatoes, and lime juice and saute 2 minutes.
5. Add garlic, cilantro and sesame seeds. Saute another 4 minutes.
6. Plate quinoa, chicken and top with mango-tomato chutney.