Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Orange Marmalade Chicken

I usually make a marmalade chicken in a skillet with a bit of oil to cook the chicken and then do a sauce with shallot in the pan. However, since I was going to be baking some sweet potato fries I decided to change things up a bit and make them even 'lighter' by not using any oil at all. I hope you find this to become a staple in your home as it is so quick and easy. By the way, I failed to scoop some of the juice/sauce onto it so believe me when I say it there is plenty in the baking dish for you.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon chopped dried rosemary (I use mortar and pestle to crush as you could put an eye out cutting it)
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
1 pound chicken breasts, butterflied and cut lengthwise
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a roasting pan/dish with cooking spray.
2. Whisk the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Butterfly breasts, cut them lengthwise, season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place, in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the rosemary.
4. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken pieces over and top with the marmalade mixture and continue baking until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, approx. 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve immediately, spooning the sauce over the chicken.

8 comments:

Kiezie said...

These look tasty and super easy. I love that and I love the marmalade, that's fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

I've never had chicken with orange marmalade - it sounds delicious! I do have some bitter orange marmalade in my fridge and I can't remember which dish I used it in but I know it was something really good.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This looks and sounbds delicious. Orange maramlande adds another depth of flavor; very clever!

Maria said...

Great looking meal. I love marmalade!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. I can see this being a delightful weeknight meal.

Simply...Gluten-free said...

This sounds delish - I will have to try.

Selba said...

Looks so delicious...

Reeni said...

This looks wonderful! Great idea to use marmalade, orange flavor is delicious with chicken.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin