Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

'Eating Your Words' Round-up: Part I

It all started a few weeks ago when I saw an expression of 'Thanks' in pancake batter and decided that I needed to give it a try. I 'wrote' with my pancakes and suddenly an idea was born. My visual reference is this:
& =
So the 'Eating Your Words' challenge began and boy, you did not disappoint. We have had so much fun time doing this and can not wait to do it again. For Part II, head over to Tangled Noodle. So, without further ado:

1. Mr. Robert McKay, a family friend, joined in on the pancake fun and sent us a simple expression and let the plate do the talking.


2. Scott of Scotty Snacks wanted to personally extend a Happy Fat Tuesday to all of the New Orleans, Louisiana folks down in the dirty, dirty celebrating Mardi Gras. He graciously provided all of us with a 'Mardi Gras Flavored Beignets' recipe so that we could curb our Cafe Du Monde cravings.


3. While at work, Manang of Kusina Ni Manang was told that she was staying an extra shift. She was very disappointed that the evening would be void of ‘whoopie’; Hence, an idea of 'Whoopie Pies' was ‘conceived’.


4. Meaghan of chiccookiekits manages to beautifully juggle having this super sweet shop , a happy blog called ‘chic cookie kits’, a fantastic book and an amazing craft column. Meaghan felt the frustration of inanimate cookies everywhere and decided to give the smileys cookies a voice.


5. Heather was very excited about this challenge yet found herself drawing a blank about an entry until her lovely little daughter ran up and requested her beloved Blueberry Pie. No need to feel blue after seeing this lovely creation.


6. Elizabeth Sterling or 'Chef E' was gave us two lovely submissions. The first she created during a allergy-related-drug-induced-soba-noodle-making-festival. Don't believe me? take a look.

The second of her submissions was inspired by a poem. Which one? Well, 'Save of Ship' of course' .


7. Aoife (aka The Daily Spud) took a minimalist approach and voilĂ , a vegetable that comes with its own initial. All quite self-contained, see?


8. And finally, and what a finale this is: A VIDEO! You need to go to Sippity Sup and watch this amazing video titled 'Let Your Food Do The Talking'. Get ready to pick your jaw up off the floor. I hope this becomes viral....because a can, can can-can. WAIT..see below.

Wait! Did you challengers think that we would really reward you with nothing for all your efforts? No way, we are too generous, so check your email for a badge from Tangled Noodle. Go ahead, show off your badge and brag about your participation.

For Part II, head over to Tangled Noodle.
THANK YOU for your participation,
Jennifer

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

More cool creations! This is so much fun!

Tangled Noodle said...

Good morning, co-host! This looks great - I can't get over how creative and fun the entries were. The challenge participants really outdid themselves.

I want to thank you so much for inviting me to share this event with you. What a wonderful way to establish a new friendship!

Daily Spud said...

Great to see the other lovely entries and, as you say, what a finale by Greg - he just steals the show! Can he can-can? Yes he can :)

Heather S-G said...

This was such a fabulous idea...all of the entries are so fun! Thanks for hosting this Savor the Thyme & Tangled Noodle!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Those are so cool! I have to get mine going and submit.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Again, I'm rendered speechless by the creativity of the offerings. Congrats to all the challengers and my hat is off to each and every one of you. I thoroughly enjoyed participating and reading through the entries was even more fun! Outstanding round-up, Jennifer! Thanks so much for co-hosting this event ... and I'm voting for it to become a yearly tradition! :)

Cris said...

Wonderful!!! Hard work pays off, I see wonderful creations here!!! I am delighted, off to read the blogs!

Kiezie said...

How fantastic!! Everyone did such a great job!! I'm off to the next round @ TN!! Thanks for such a fun event!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everyone was so creative with this! Big kudos to everyone, and to the intrepid host/judges:)

Chef E said...

I had fun! Everyone did a cute job, and Spud is right...Greg gets the real giggling going...he can-can!

Kiezie said...

P.S. I have an award for you today!! :)

Reeni said...

What creative entries!! My mind kept drawing a blank for this one, probably over-thinking. Great job everyone!

The Duo Dishes said...

LOVE the whoopie pies!

TheFitnessFreak said...

So creative. I need to play with my food more:)

Soma said...

Very creative!
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

These are so cute! I had wanted to enter and then things got a little crazy and I didn't do many posts at the end of February/beginning of march..sorry.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin