It all started a few weeks ago when I saw an expression of 'Thanks' in pancake batter and decided that I needed to give it a try. I 'wrote' with my pancakes and suddenly an idea was born. My visual reference is this:
So the 'Eating Your Words' challenge began and boy, you did not disappoint. We have had so much fun time doing this and can not wait to do it again. For Part II, head over to Tangled Noodle. So, without further ado:
1. Mr. Robert McKay, a family friend, joined in on the pancake fun and sent us a simple expression and let the plate do the talking.
2. Scott of Scotty Snacks wanted to personally extend a Happy Fat Tuesday to all of the New Orleans, Louisiana folks down in the dirty, dirty celebrating Mardi Gras. He graciously provided all of us with a 'Mardi Gras Flavored Beignets' recipe so that we could curb our Cafe Du Monde cravings.
3. While at work, Manang of Kusina Ni Manang was told that she was staying an extra shift. She was very disappointed that the evening would be void of ‘whoopie’; Hence, an idea of 'Whoopie Pies' was ‘conceived’.
4. Meaghan of chiccookiekits manages to beautifully juggle having this super sweet shop , a happy blog called ‘chic cookie kits’, a fantastic book and an amazing craft column. Meaghan felt the frustration of inanimate cookies everywhere and decided to give the smileys cookies a voice.
5. Heather was very excited about this challenge yet found herself drawing a blank about an entry until her lovely little daughter ran up and requested her beloved Blueberry Pie. No need to feel blue after seeing this lovely creation.
6. Elizabeth Sterling or 'Chef E' was gave us two lovely submissions. The first she created during a allergy-related-drug-induced-soba-noodle-making-festival. Don't believe me? take a look.
The second of her submissions was inspired by a poem. Which one? Well, 'Save of Ship' of course' .
7. Aoife (aka The Daily Spud) took a minimalist approach and voilà, a vegetable that comes with its own initial. All quite self-contained, see?
8. And finally, and what a finale this is: A VIDEO! You need to go to Sippity Sup and watch this amazing video titled 'Let Your Food Do The Talking'. Get ready to pick your jaw up off the floor. I hope this becomes viral....because a can, can can-can. WAIT..see below.
Wait! Did you challengers think that we would really reward you with nothing for all your efforts? No way, we are too generous, so check your email for a badge from Tangled Noodle. Go ahead, show off your badge and brag about your participation.
For Part II, head over to Tangled Noodle.
THANK YOU for your participation,