Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Feed the Peep - A Contest

While wandering through the grocery store, my daughter gasped and I spotted the object of her excitement - the large display of Peeps! We admired the pastel selection of bunnies and chicks and since we do eat healthy most of the time, we felt no guilt as we ripped that package open and bit the heads off two of those little sacks of sugar. And then, the light bulb went off and a contest was born! Easter is coming, and what is the one item that instantly pops into your head when you think "Easter basket"? No, after the chocolate bunny. Yes, Peeps! Let's have a contest where you all create a drink, meal, snack etc. and somehow, in some way, incorporate a peep. They are not an actual ingredient in the drink/dish but instead maybe they are they helping you prepare your dish? An honored guest for a dinner party? Is the peep nibbling the peas? Hiding in the photo ready to invade? To further motivate you and your creative genius, this time I am giving a prize: A copy of the book "Best of the Best: the best recipes from the 25 best cookbooks of the year". How will the winner be choosen? After I post the submissions, I will let all of you vote!

Can you believe this guy tried to invade my healthy tortellini soup?

1. Somehow incorporate a Peep (any variation in animal or color) into a post of any healthy drink or food or related event and create a blog post about it until the midnight, April 5th. Any previous blog posts you have where you've shown or utilized peeps is permitted.

2. Blog about your creation, including photos/videos and add a link back to my blog within your blog post; Savor The Thyme (http://savorthethyme.blogspot.com/).

3. Send an email titled 'Feed the Peep' with the following information to savorthethyme@cox.net
o Your name
o The name of your blog
o The name of dish/drink
o Attach the photo with a maximum size of 350 x 350 pixels
o The link to your event entry/post by midnight April 5th, 2009.
o You can participate even if you don't have a food blog or any blog at all. Non-bloggers can email the above information (sans blog details) and we'll include it in the round up.

4. Please keep it clean! Appropriate humor is always welcome.

5. All entries will all be posted on Monday, April 6th and voting will then commence.

23 comments:

chow and chatter said...

that is a genius idea love it

Anonymous said...

How fun! Can't wait to see everyone's creations!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Love it ... I've got my thinking cap on! ;)

Lori said...

Hmmmm...this has me thinking. We don't have Peeps here so I'll have to come up with something Peep like in creation. Cool idea!

Anonymous said...

How totally fun is this idea? It just made me smile thinking of all the possibilities. I'll see what I can come up with.

Heather S-G said...

So fun! Cute idea...hmmmm, what to do with Peeps... :)

Unknown said...

I love this idea! My only question is, who's going to eat those peeps? But anyway, great idea for a contest, and it really sounds like fun. Too bad I didn't buy peeps when I was at Target

Sharon said...

Oh, hilarious! I love peeps. I'm sure they can find their way into my kitchen :)

Tangled Noodle said...

This will be such fun! Of course, knowing me, I'll have my entry in at the very last minute but I'm already trying to think of ways to do this.

Another great idea!

Reeni said...

How fun!! I have to get some peeps!

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds like such fun, what a cool contesst.. can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

Oh I want to play!

Daily Spud said...

Hmm, I've never come across peeps and they're not something we get here. I'm trying to think if we have an equivalent!

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Very nice and funny cute idea Jennifer. I'll put your peep contest soon in my contest section :)

Joie de vivre said...

Ha ha! I love peeps so much, I've actually tried not looking at them in the store because I know once I buy a package, I will eat the whole thing! I love the peep duck swimming in the soup. Taht is so cute.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

What a great idea! One year for Memorial Day when my children were very young, they wanted to roast marshmallows, but i didn't have any. So we roasted peeps we had leftover from Easter. My husband teased us all evening about how cruel we were bing to the little peeps.

Jen H said...

How fun!!

Chef E said...

I am adding peeps to Spuds care package and wait till you see what I do with them, was a thing my son and hubby thought up one year...

Sippity Sup said...

Jenn

The healthy thing has me stuck. I want to do a video using stop action animation. I imagine the little duckies (or are they bunnies) cruising around my kitchen. But the food part eludes me still...GREG

Cookie Brochette said...

This was a great idea. Thanks!

Cookie B.
Lightbulb Cuisine

Mary Bergfeld said...

You had a great idea. Are any of those folks on Twitter?

Kitty said...

What a cool idea! I love Peeps!

Spryte said...

Fun!! I'm sliding in just under the deadline! =)

http://sprytesplace.blogspot.com/2009/04/sopa-de-albondigas-start-of-my-garden.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin