Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fast & Frugal Friday: Baked Orange Roughy with Paprika and Garlic

Considering we are allowed to have Orange Roughy only once a month, I figured I had better stick with my tried and true recipe. Although I do enjoy to make some truly mutli-layered, multi-flavored recipes, I find that when it comes to fish, I prefer it light and simple. Here is a great example and so fast and easy.....this would be a good one to pull out for last minute guests as well.

Ingredients: all of these are guesstimates as I whip out the ingredients and just toss them on.
1 lb. orange roughy fillets
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 large or 2 medium cloves of garlic, chopped
1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush each fillet lightly with EVOO , apply the following to both sides: Salt, pepper and paprika

2. Sprinkle chopped garlic on top and bake approximately 20-22 minutes

6 comments:

Sweet Cheeks said...

Ohh that sounds so good and simple!!

chow and chatter said...

simple and good, never eaten that fish before is it like cod? Tilapia? Rebecca

The Diva on a Diet said...

I'm not terribly fond of fish, but this looks really good, Jenn. I will def. be trying it. Thanks!

TheFitnessFreak said...

That looks scrumptious!

Soma said...

I have never used this fish before, but the preparation sounds simply delicious!
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

Tangled Noodle said...

Now that Lent is over, I'll make fish when we crave them rather than holding off until Friday. I love this simple prep!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin