Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

EatingWell Wednesday: Lime & Agave Nectar Chicken

Another crazy hump day and all I had done as far as dinner plans was to make sure I had some chicken breasts. So I went to my trusted resource: EatingWell magazine. I typed in chicken breasts and up popped Lime & Honey Chicken. Although I thought I had honey, I found that I did not so I made the quick decision to use organic agave nectar. I also deviated by using boneless, skinless breasts and I only marinated half of the chicken with red pepper flakes so that I could spare myself the complaints from little ones with a pepper flake stuck in their molars-yikes!

This as super fast and easy to make so give it a try. If you are super short on time, do not make the glaze.

I asked the kids to give a thumbs up if they liked it and here was the response.


I think sticking (no pun intended) with honey is best as it is a bit thicker than the nectar.

6 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

That's quite an endorsement! I made marinated grilled chicken last night - too bad I didn't see this recipe then. But there's always next time! Honey-lime is a delicious combo.

chow and chatter said...

what is agave nectar sorry i guess i should know

Creative Classroom Core said...

I love agave nectar - what a clever way to use it!

Barbara Bakes said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds great. I'll have to spend some time looking through the Eating Well recipes.

TheFitnessFreak said...

Sweet, sour and salty? Sounds good to me:)

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds very good to me. It's hard not to like the honey lime combo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin