Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

EatingWell Wednesday - Sugar Snap Pea Salad

I admit it, I am getting used to certain foods in their raw state as simple snacks on the go. Sugar snap peas are one of them. The kids love them crunchy out of the bag so the idea of a boil was not appealing however, I saw that EatingWell was only instructing a 2 minute boil and then a quick cool off so I was willing.

This also seemed like such a quick, easy and cheap side dish to make but would come out looking impressive so I made it in less than 5 minutes and we all like it....yes, all four of us. Therefore, the Sugar Snap Pea Salad is going to be filed under 'entertaining' as it looked tasted as good as it looked.



I know, you do not believe me: I simply told the five year old that it contained snap peas, red pepper and vinegar and she took a fork full as she likes each of those individually. The three year old, yes, more of a task. He ran from me. In response, I simply turned my back and walked away stating that I was glad he would not eat any because I could have it all to myself. He came running after me and sat at the table. He then proceeded to grab the fork, flip some off the plate while trying to stab some and then ate, smiled and told me he did not like it....and then ate the rest. Stinker.

12 comments:

The Duo Dishes said...

This is one of the fave veggies. They're so sweet...kind of addictive. Mmmm.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks spectacular. There is a purity of color in your photo that makes me hungry. Often simple is best. I'm delighted your children like them.

Diana H said...

Pretty colors, and delicious too I bet.

chow and chatter said...

what a great salad and cute story Rebecca

Amy said...

My girls will eat almost any veggie in its raw state, but turn their noses up to cooked veggies. I think I will try this and see what they think.

Barbara Bakes said...

He sounds like a cutie to me! I miss having little ones.

Alisa said...

That does look like a good recipe combo! They had a similar salad in Cooking Light this month. I made the dressing on my blog - onefrugalfoodie.com - it was orange sesame and divine!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Yum-o! Great combination, thanks for passing it along.

Creative Classroom Core said...

Great salad! What a great way to use those peas!

Karen said...

That looks so good I'm going to grab some next week when I'm shopping. My 4 year old loves sugar snap peas so she'll probably like this too, thanks!

Kelsey B. said...

What a pretty rainbow snack! My daughter recently became addicted to corn... luckily it's in season.

Daily Spud said...

I love sugar snap peas and even have some growing in the garden - they just get eaten straight off the plant!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin