Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

National Ice Cream Day - Ice Cream Sandwiches

Oh Happy Day! A day where you can celebrate ice cream and feel the need to have some, in the name of celebrating. I mean, you must show some love and respect by eating some right? So we did that by making ice cream sandwiches. Oh, by the way, did you know about the ice cream social challenge going on? Read more about it.



I choose carefully when acquiring the items for our outdoor indulgence by buying some soft organic double fudge cookies and some yummy Stonyfield Vanilla frozen yogurt. My intention was to buy their 'Gotta Have Vanilla' ice cream but when scooping, I saw that I had bought the 'Gotta Have Vanilla' frozen yogurt which saved us many calories and was so tasty. I also want to throw out some more love to Stonyfield as they are awarding the winners of our contest with coupons for free pints of their frozen goodness. Also, there are other prizes as well, such as, a great T-shirt from Etsy.



In addition, I would be choosing Stonyfield whether there were coupons involved or not. Why? Here is the reason directly from their website: "Our rich and creamy ice cream and frozen yogurt are crafted with the freshest all natural and organic ingredients. They are also produced without the use of antibiotics, synthetic growth hormones or toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers."

Do not forget to enter and tweet about it so all your friends know using the #icsocial (@savorthethyme @scottysnacks @tanglednoodle)!

Here is a little snippet showing the love of the ice cream sandwich.


10 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

Love ice cream sandwiches and from the photo, looks like I'm not the only one! I was a bit worried about finding Stonyfield but finally spotted it in Whole Foods and another local health grocery. These look delicious!

chow and chatter said...

that is adorable how cute

Mary Bergfeld said...

They are really cute and I bet the sandwiches are to die for.

Kelsey B. said...

Love it! I adore ice-cream sandwiches, and frozen yogurt!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Yum. I love ice cream sammies!

Sippity Sup said...

Yep, I'd eat that! GREG

Anonymous said...

I'll be on the lookout for Stonyfield now. I love how you are always so on top of great, good-for-you brands, Jen. You've saved me tons of time and research because I know if it's on your site it's good. Thanks ;)

Lori

Simply...Gluten-free said...

You have inspired me to make some gluten free ice cream sandwiches!

CookiePie said...

Yum yum ice cream sandwiches!!! And so great that you used frozen yogurt -- why not? Especially since you found a brand you love.

TheFitnessFreak said...

I get about as excited as your daughter when I eat ice cream sandwiches:) They look so yummy and easy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin