I am super excited to tell you about this great challenge that I am taking part in and heck ,you all know how much I love challenges (No, I am not talking about feeding my son) Remember 'Eating Your Words'?
At any rate, the Challenge is the 'Potato Tastemaker 2K10' and below are all the details from the 'Mom's Dinner Helper' site:
According to Dictionary.com, a Tastemaker is “a person or thing that establishes or strongly influences what is considered to be stylish, acceptable, or worthwhile in a given sphere of interest, as the arts.” What do you get when you combine nine trend-setting Tastemakers with an endless supply of potatoes? Welcome to the our latest endeavor over at the United States Potato Board (USPB) . . . Potato Tastemaker 2K10.
Consider it an online challenged based loosely on the concept behind some of your favorite food-centric reality shows. Here’s what you need to know:
- The USPB has partnered with nine rock star bloggers across the country, who have officially been deemed the “Tastemaker” Challengers.
- The Tastemaker Challengers will participate in three potato challenges over three months, each with a different theme, spanning October, November and December.
- At the onset of each challenge, the Tastemaker Challengers will receive a mystery delivery with contents intended to be used in that round of competition.
- To show off their ultimate potato innovation skills, the Tastemaker will post videos on YouTube showcasing their creation for each challenge.
- A fan favorite will be selected based on the Tastemaker who garners the highest cumulative number of YouTube ranking over the three challenges.
After the third round, all nine (YES ALL NINE!) will join the USPB at Blissdom 2010 for a final Potato Tastemaker 2K10 round LIVE where the winning Tastemaker will be crowned. All Blissdom 10 conference attendees will be invited to join in the competition and the cocktail party celebration following.
We are thrilled to reveal that Challenge #1, “Potatoes Celebrate National Seafood Month,” is officially underway. The mystery delivery has been packaged and all nine boxes are en route to their Tastemaker Challengers. Soon, the challengers will be putting their potato innovation skills to the test using the box’s contents, a fresh seafood delivery from McCormick & Schmick’s , their imaginations and, of course, potatoes!
The boxes for round one have been shipped and are en route!
We’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you the stars of the show, in no particular order:
Lindsay from Rock and Roll Mama –@rockandrollmama
Amy from Resourceful Mommy – @resourcefulmom
Jennifer from Savor the Thyme -http://www.twitter.com/savorthethyme
Jim from Busy Dad Blog - @busydadblog
Rachel from A Southern Fairytale - @sthrnfairytale
Melanie E. from Modern Mami – @modernmami
Melanie S. from MelaDramaticMommy – @adramaticmommy
Jo Lynne from Musings of a Housewife – @dcrmom
Jodi from Mom’s Favorite Stuff – @jodigrundig
You can see all of their pictures along with the latest Potato happenings when you become a fan of our Facebook page!
While you are at, join in the Savor the Thyme Fan Page for updates as I work my way through this challenge.
Keep an eye on the hashtag #tastemaker on Twitter to follow the buzz.
I hope you take the time to watch the videos once they are loaded and vote for your favorite!
UPDATE: The boxes have arrived! Look at the Whrrl story here: