Canola oil cooking spray
¾ cup whole-wheat Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 teaspoon Szechuan Style pepper blend
½ tsp dried dill
1.5 Teaspoon Asiago or Parmesan cheese--grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 large egg, beaten
1 pound Tilapia fillets, cut into 1/2-by-3-inch strips (or cod if on sale-but thicker pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat it with the cooking spray.
2. Prepare three bowls:
In one; mix the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, pepper blend, dill, cheese and salt together.
In the second: the flour and dash of salt.
In the third: The egg, well beaten
3. Dredge each strip of fish in the flour (shake off excess), dip it in the egg and then coat all sides with the breadcrumb mixture and place on the prepared rack.
4. Lightly spray the fish sticks with the cooking spray.
5. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the breading is golden brown.
6. Dip in tartar sauce (to be posted later)