Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Super Thyme Savor: Steamed Haricot Verts, Wax Beans & Baby Carrots with Olive Oil and Chives (& Tip #4)

Having a stocked freezer full of frozen vegetables is a great way to be able to make a multitude of side dishes quickly. It also helps alleviate the boredom of the same old veggies as you can mix them and change up the toppings.

This is a perfect example: I mixed some favorite sides with a bit of olive oil and chives. So go ahead and steam your favorite medley and top with your favorite herbs.

1/2 cup frozen haricot verts (green beans)
1/2 cup yellow wax beans
1/2 cup baby carrots
Olive Oil
Chives, minced

1. Steam the vegetables until tender but not mushy
2. Add olive oil, chives and mix well.


tspegar said...

mmmmmm... simple and tasty! beautiful photo!

5 Star Foodie said...

Delicious veggies! Happy new year to you!

Btw, I have a database-generated round-up this time so I can add your dish right now and it will show up right away if you'd like. Just send me an email with a link, it's not too late :)

TheFitnessFreak said...

Oooh, good idea! I need to start mixing up the veggies around here. I'm really good about doing it for myself but I forget about the rest of the gang : )

Annie said...

Happy New Year Jennifer! I love the video and you have some great ideas to offer... keep em coming :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Beautiful! My hubs bought me an All-Clad steamer set for Christmas. I will definitely have to make some steamed veggies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin