One reader recently asked via Twitter, 'How can I make chicken more interesting for a picky family?' Well, in my opinion, one way is to change up the presentation and make it more fun. Even in the dead of winter, I will make a more 'summer-like' meals and presentation using an indoor grill.
Oh, and forget to vote for your favorite foodie (hint) for the Hot Bloggers Calendar.
6 wooden skewers
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
1 red pepper, chopped into large pieces
1 20oz. can of Pineapples slices, drained and cut into large chunks
¼ & ¼ cup Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
Yields: 6 servings (1 kabob per person)
1. Immerse skewers into water and set aside for 30 minutes. Chop the chicken breasts into large chunks and marinate in the first ¼ cup of dressing for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop the peppers and pineapple.
3. Heat the outdoor or indoor grill to medium.
4. Alternate placing the chicken, peppers and pineapple on the skewers.
4. Pour the remaining ¼ cup dressing onto the skewers and place them on the grill for approximately 3 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes. You may need to cook them longer, depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
5. Place the skewers on a bed of rice or couscous and garnish with the parsley.
Here is a fantastic indoor grill that you would find useful year round.