Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Food Revolution USA with Jamie Oliver

Have you been watching Jaime Oliver’s Food Revolution ? Why not? I know, it is one of those situations like avoiding the doctor when you know something is wrong? If you know the truth, you will have to act on it and make changes. Any we all love to avoid change right?

Well, do not turn away, learn the truth about not only what American schools are feeding our children but apply the knowledge to your own home and habits. The processed, artificial ingredients that infiltrate so much of the interior sections of the grocery store should be avoided at home and at school as wel as the high fat and salt 'foods'. Trust me, start looking and reading. Yuck.

Watch, Learn, Read and sign this petition that states 'I support Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. America's kids need better food at school and better health prospects. We need to keep cooking skills alive.'


Jamie is also sharing amazing recipes to help you home: Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals

3 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Man, it's been forever since I have been able to comment! I LOVE this new show! I hope it really opens peoples eyes to what's going on in the schools. I hope more parents get involved and stand up for healthy foods for their kids now! Thanks for getting the word out Jennifer : )

Cindy Rowland said...

I have completely been sucked in by this show as well. While I do not doubt JO's sincerity, the show disturbs me a little bit. First of all, I find it way too stimulating. I could hardly get to sleep the first time I saw it. And the situation with the family and the 16 year old boy makes me squeam a little. Are they being exploited? But, all in all, if it helps promote lunches that don't scare me to bits, it's certainly a good thing. It sort of kills me that he has a book out now too. Come on!

Anonymous said...

Love the show. Signed the petition.

When my son stopped homeschooling and went back to a traditional middle school I opened up a lunch account for him, only to close it a couple of weeks later when I found out he had a set menu which pretty much consisted of chocolate milk and nuggets. I'd rather give him cash each day so he can have other options.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin