Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Rhode Island Food Bloggers / Great American Bake Sale

I am so excited that I will be part of the first National Food Bloggers Bake Sale (part of the Great American Bake Sale and heading the sale in the state of Rhode Island. This sale raises money for Share Our Strength (SOS), a national organization fighting to end childhood hunger in the United States. In addition, after the severe flooding and newly homeless children and families in RI, many will need this support more than ever.

The bake sale will take place on Saturday, April 17th, from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at The Pizza Place Restaurant at 43 Broad Street in downtown Westerly, RI. If you have not eaten here before, you must try the amazing pizzas and salads (I am nuts about the chopped pasta salad)

Can't make it? No problem as you can donate here!

Also, let me tempt you with some of the planned offerings: corn muffins, pumpkin bread, biscotti, chocolate covered pretzels, fresh breads, whoopie pies and more!



I would love for you to join us to bake, sell or by coming down to buy some tasty food. You can contact me by:
Email: savorthethyme@cox.net
Twitter @savorthethyme
Facebook Fan Page

If you are from another state and want to sign up to host a bake sale in your area, or join a bake sale, Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking has a list of food bloggers and their contact information.

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

You were in my thoughts when I heard about the flooding in RI. I hope you're area is frying out now. Take care and I hope the bake sale goes well!

Nicole

DailyChef said...

What a great idea! Best of luck with the bake sale - sadly I'm nowhere close to Rhode Island.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin