Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Quinoa Salad with Cranberries, Scallions & Orange Rind

Craving something sweet and good for you? This quinoa salad is the answer. I also made this in a pinch with some quinoa I had made the night before so the quantities are rough.



1/2 cup cooked quinoa
Handful of sweetened dried cranberries
1 scallion, chopped
1 tablespoon orange rind
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
1. Cook quinoa
2. Place 1/2 cup into a bowl
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix

8 comments:

bookieboo said...

Wow, Jennifer...that looks sooo good! XXOO And I stumbled. :)

jyl (Mom It Forward said...

Come cook for me anytime, Jen! :)

*Mom's Best Bets said...

That looks great! I love cooking with Quinoa. It is very healthy ans is packed with protein!
Thanks:)

Daily Spud said...

Sweet indeed :)

Trish said...

will have to try this...I have cooked quinoa a couple of times...maybe I should add it more to my mneus!

TheFitnessFreak said...

That sounds easy and yum Jennifer! Thanks!

Susi said...

This looks so festive and will make a perfect side for Christmas dinner. Yum!

Rachel said...

YUM! So glad you posted this on the GNO chat!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin