Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Roasted Carrots with Agave & Lemon

This is a nice dish because it is a bit sweet so you can try to fool yourself into feeling like you are having a dessert with your dinner. Nice try eh? Maybe you will buy this: the sweetness is a nice contrast to the cayenne.

Ingredients:
1 lb. carrots, cut into pieces (1- 2-inches long and 1-inch thick)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
coarse salt
2 teaspoons light agave nectar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon zest of one lemon

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. In bowl, toss carrots with oil, cayenne, nectar and season with salt.*
3. Arrange in single layer on a foil lined baking pan.
4. Roast tossing for 20 minutes, or until tender.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice and zest.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.

*Ops! I meant to whisk together the nectar, zest and lemon juice and drizzle it over carrots after they roasted however, I was letting my daughter prepare the dish with me and before I knew it, we had already added nectar. C'est la vie.

2 comments:

Janina said...

I jotted down this recipe...never done this before and it sounds so easy. I'll report back.

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried agave nectar; sounds like a great preparation of carrots!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin