Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

National Ice Cream Month - Ice Cream Social Challenge

Hello World! As you may know, July is National Ice Cream month and so it is time for a new challenge! But first: can this blog, being all about eating and being healthy write about ice cream? I asked that myself and realized wait, I want people to eat real foods. None of that processed and artificial junk so if you want a little bit of real ice cream once in a while, is it so bad? No. And by making our own, I can be sure we are not getting all that fake frozen stuff that some folks market as ice cream. Okay, off to the challenge.

What could the challenge be this time? How about making your own ice cream! Yes, go ahead and make is any flavor you want, any color, be crazy or conservative. I am going to take this journey with you by creating ice cream with my kids. Naturally, I will be making it real, as in using the old fashioned ingredients of cream, milk, sugar, etc. I hope to make some sorbets or yogurts to cut down on fat, sugar etc. along the way but enough about me. What do you want to do with it after creating it? eat, wear it? paint with it? Do nothing or anything you want (G rated only). Wait, you do not want to make it? Do you want to visit a local ice creams shop and send us a video? Having an ice cream party that you wish to vlog about? Just want to see how many photos you can take of ice cream? Go for it!

There will also be some surprises for the winners but I am keeping mum for now. We have so many details to share but why overwhelm you as you have ice cream plan to make!


Mandy73 via Flickr

Oh, and I am not presenting this challenge on my own, oh no, as this whole idea was concocted by our favorite snacker, Scotty of ScottySnacks. The other blogger in on this is my co-host from the Eating Your Words Challenge, yes, that right, Tangled Noodle....now, onto the details!

Have a great homemade recipe? Did you visit a favorite ice cream shop or a unique local dairy/creamery? Anywhere and any way you've recently indulged in ice cream ecstasy, let us know; entries can be a blog post, a vlog, video, or just a photograph!

To enter:

1) Post about your ice cream creation on your blog, linking back to ScottySnacks, SavortheThyme and Tangled Noodle. Then send us a link and photo of your post! We welcome any posts that were published before the start of our challenge. Enter as many times as you wish.

2) No blog? No problem! Send us a photo, video or vlog of your entry telling us what, where and when it was taken. Provide a URL, if applicable (a still shot or capture would be great, too).


3) International entries are encouraged but due to some limitations, some prizes may not be available.

4) EMAIL YOUR ENTRIES TO: IceCream@ScottySnacks.com. Please include your name and e-mail address so that we may contact you should you win a prize.

Deadline is Friday July 31, 2009!

Since this is a Social Media Ice Cream Social, feel free to show us some sweet tweet love. Tweet about this challenge using the #icsocial (@savorthethyme @scottysnacks @tanglednoodle)!

There will be a round up at the end of the month on all three sites!

Thanks for your participation!
Jennifer, Scotty and Mrs. Noodle

19 comments:

C.G. the Foodie said...

Sounds absolutely fabulous! I look forward to coming up with some new ice cream recipes this month :-)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

You aren't telling us what's in it for us!! :) Well.. then we'll have to get creative huh??

Heather S-G said...

Hooray for ice cream...guess you've finally inspired me to pull the ice cream maker out of the basement and blow off that dust!

Anonymous said...

I had an ice cream & blintzes end of year preschool party last year and another ice cream party for my daughter's best friends this year - no pictures though :( I'm off on vacation soon so not sure if I can participate unless we stop by an interesting ice cream shop or a creamery on our trip.

Unknown said...

What a delish Challenge!
Can't wait to see the recipes!'

Anonymous said...

Good challenge idea! Hooray for ice cream!

Tangled Noodle said...

I was so relieved to get my post done that I forgot to comment here! Yay!! This will be so exciting - I can't wait to see what delicious desserts everyone comes up with!

Kelsey B. said...

This is awesome! Let's chat, maybe I can link in my Ice-Cream festival somehow... I am up to seven ice-cream recipes and counting... :)

Barbara Bakes said...

Now this will be a roundup I'll look forward to drooling over! I am attending my husband's annual family reunion/ice cream social on Saturday. I'll have to come away with recipes!

Jeff Cutler said...

Holy COW! We're having an Ice Cream Tweetup TODAY at my brothers' cafe just outside Boston. Details at http://icecream.eventbrite.com - and I'll be sure to grab photos and audio (will ask everyone what ice cream and socializing mean to them) for use in a podcast.

Will share links and such with you. What will I win? Hooray!

C.G. the Foodie said...

I posted my Curried Banana Frozen Yogut. I couldn't get the email link to work though?

http://www.uncoveringfood.com/2009/07/curried-banana-frozen-yogurt.html

Barbara Bakes said...

My post is up http://barbarabakes.blogspot.com/2009/07/strawberry-ice-cream.html

Erin said...

I couldn't e-mail you (address wouldn't work for me), but here's a link to my post:
http://dinneranddessert.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/chocolate-raspberry-ice-cream/

Monica H said...

Hi jennifer! Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know about your ice cream social. I couldn't access your email so I sent my pics and links to Scotty!

Thanks,
Monica

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I'd love to contribute here - not sure how to link up to all the sites. Any guidance you can give would be great! Here is the link to my ice cream post: http://allthatsplatters.blogspot.com/2009/07/guilty-pleasure-cake-ice-cream-malted.html

and a link to my recent sorbet post:
http://allthatsplatters.blogspot.com/2009/07/grape-sorbet.html

Love your blog!

Memória said...

When you say "international", do you mean outside of the U.S.? Canada? Europe? ???? Just wondering, since "international" is a relative term.

I'm excited about this challenge!!

Memória said...

Sorry to bother you again, but is there another link to your email address that doesn't direct me to cox's website? What is the e-mail address for submitting an ice cream photo?

Thanks!

Marillyn Beard said...

The link to the email is not working for me. Is there another route?

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Just sent you my entry.
http://mydiversekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/07/eggless-gelato-in-two-flavours.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin