Update: The winner is PlusSizeMommy. Thank You for participating.
As soon as you hear ‘Old Bay’ what do you think of? For me, it brings back memories. Memories from my mom's and grandma's kitchen. It was a staple in out kitchen when I was young. In fact, I think it was a requirement in 1970’s kitchens.
I am also a huge believer in having herbs, spices and your favorite blends on hand so that you can take a basic meal and add some depth and excitement. So, on the top shelf of my spice drawer is the familiar canister of Old Bay.
Most people seem to relate it to Seafood and yes, it is perfect, however, I use it in a multitude of dishes so when I was offered a 'Basket of the Bay', I jumped and guess what? There is one for you too but I will not share details until I take you through the recipe.
Pork Chops with Garlic-Orange Vinaigrette.
I basically followed Martha Stewart's recipe however:
1. I used 3 thick pork chops instead of tenderloins and seasoned them with Old Bay
2. I did not use honey in the sauce but used a teaspoon or agave nectar
3. I used a mini-chopper in lieu of a blender
4. I did not saute spinach but simply used baby spinach with the vinaigrette on it. Rather quick and easy prep.
5. You may wish to hold off on adding pepper until you taste first.
The “Basket of the Bay” set includes a full sized canister of OLD BAY Seasoning, an OLD BAY Seafood Steamer bag, a key chain, tattoos, a cool logo beach towel all packed into a great bag.
How to enter:
Leave me a comment with your favorite kitchen memory (does not need to include old bay). It may be funny, messy, nostalgic, etc.
For additional entries (and leave a comment for each one)
* Follow me on Twitter @savorthethyme (comment even if you already follow)
**Join my Facebook Fan Page (comment here with your first name)
***Join my Facebook Group Page (comment here with your first name)
****Tweet this giveaway with a link back to this contest http://alturl.com/2a2w (leave your Tweet URL in the comments)