Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shrimp, Corn & Avocado Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette

Leftover Shrimp is one item you are not going to let go to waste so I decided to have a salad with them. I also had leftover corn for the previous evening so I grabbed a few of my favorite items and went to work. I also knew I wanted to make a zesty dressing using up my cilantro so I turned to EatingWell and created their Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette.

The salad is a delicate one with all the flavors blending so if you want to punch, add some onion. As far as the vinaigrette, it was fresh and the flavors blended but I would add some red wine vinegar to add a bit more zest for this salad.

1 cup Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1/3 cup cooked and chilled shrimp
1/4 avocado, chopped
1/3 cup cooked and chilled corn
handful of cilantro.

Prep and toss all the ingredients together and top with vinaigrette


the wicked noodle said...

Just what I'm in the mood for with the weather getting warmer! And the dressing sounds delish! :-)

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

All my favorite things wrapped up in one recipe!!

Mary Beth said...

I was able to find you on here through a google search, thank goodness. I cannot access you at all anymore on FB after my last comment :(

So glad I finally found this recipe! It looks wonderful. Thanks for posting it!!

Mary Beth Fagle

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Looks like a delish recipe... I really wish my hubby liked shrimp because I rarely get to make it!

DawnSandomeno said...

This looks so good and feels like spring! Maybe with a Margarita?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin