Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shrimp, Corn & Avocado Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette

Leftover Shrimp is one item you are not going to let go to waste so I decided to have a salad with them. I also had leftover corn for the previous evening so I grabbed a few of my favorite items and went to work. I also knew I wanted to make a zesty dressing using up my cilantro so I turned to EatingWell and created their Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette.

The salad is a delicate one with all the flavors blending so if you want to punch, add some onion. As far as the vinaigrette, it was fresh and the flavors blended but I would add some red wine vinegar to add a bit more zest for this salad.



Ingredients:
1 cup Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1/3 cup cooked and chilled shrimp
1/4 avocado, chopped
1/3 cup cooked and chilled corn
handful of cilantro.

Prep and toss all the ingredients together and top with vinaigrette

5 comments:

the wicked noodle said...

Just what I'm in the mood for with the weather getting warmer! And the dressing sounds delish! :-)

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

All my favorite things wrapped up in one recipe!!

Unknown said...

I was able to find you on here through a google search, thank goodness. I cannot access you at all anymore on FB after my last comment :(

So glad I finally found this recipe! It looks wonderful. Thanks for posting it!!

Mary Beth Fagle

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Looks like a delish recipe... I really wish my hubby liked shrimp because I rarely get to make it!

DawnSandomeno said...

This looks so good and feels like spring! Maybe with a Margarita?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin