Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eating your Words - A Challenge

All you creative people, run to the kitchen and get ready to WOW us. I was so inspired by tangled noodle and the fun that we had 'spelling' with pancake mix that we decided we need to have a world wide challenge. Let's think outside the box, maybe by utilizing an actual fruit, vegetable, noodles, milk, coffee etc. The prize? Admiration from millions, a chance to flaunt your creativity and have many people come look at what else you have to offer. Here are the details:

1. 'Write, spell or draw’ using food or drink and create a blog post about it from now (the date of this post) until the midnight, March 6th. Any previous blog posts you have where you've created a ‘written’ inspired dish/drink are accepted.

2. Blog about your creation, including photos and add a link back to my blog and tangled noodles within your blog post; Savor The Thyme (http://savorthethyme.blogspot.com/) and tangled noodle (http://tanglednoodle.blogspot.com/)

3. Send an email titled 'Eating your words' with the following information to eatingyourwords09@cox.net:
o Your name
o The name of your blog
o The name of dish/drink
o Your food blog name & link to your event entry that includes pictures by midnight March 6th, 2009.
o You can participate even if you don't have a food blog or any blog at all. Non-bloggers can email the above information (sans blog details) and we'll include it in the round up.

4. Please keep it clean! Appropriate humor is always welcome.

5. All entries will all be posted on Monday, March 9th on both blogs.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This is so clever, I will come up with something!

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

Thank for coming to visit my blog.
I think I'll take this challenge!
It will challenge my thinking too!
Thanks again!

The Diva on a Diet said...

What a fun idea! I will definitely play ... and I'm glad you gave us a couple of weeks. Thanks for the invite! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun...I so cannot think of what to write...Hopefully inspiration will strike...

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

This is great! Thanks for the email. I will try to get something in. My daughter has a blog and i am thinking she would like to do something.

Sophia Lee said...

hmm, sounds interesting, let me brainstorm for a bit...

the decorated cookie said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog (the decorated cookie) and your suggestion to enter! I will definitely come up with something. As a bonus, I'm also the edible crafts editor at craftgossip.com, so I posted today on your challenge (and on tangled noodle) to encourage other foodies to enter. You can see the post at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com.
thanks! meaghan

Creative Classroom Core said...

Such a cute idea! Now I am off to get creative :)

Lory said...

I just sent you an email for my entry for this. My post is up already. I had fun!

Kiezie said...

I'm apparently having trouble with my comments -- they don't seem to be sticking!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!! I have challenged my family to help and they just looked at me with blank stares! LOL!!!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Thanks for the email inviting me to participate. This foodie challenge is especially appropriate for me since I'm a writer, and I frequently eat my words. LOL. As soon as I read the rules, I knew exactly what I was going to spell with food. :)

Soma said...

Hmmmm Interesting:-)

I do not know if I would be able to participate, will sure come back to see what others came up with:-)!!
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun challenge! I have a few ideas in mind so hope I can make it in time!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Fun! I don't know if I'll get something in, but I will definitely spread the word :)

Chef E said...

I am sending in two now!

Rachelle S said...

Bummer, sorry I missed this! Looks like fun, can't wait to see them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin