Savor the Thyme has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.savoringthethyme.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed if necessary.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Black Angus Steaks & Parmesan Couscous- A Valentine's Meal

There are certain occasions when you want to make something extra special and Valentine's Day is one of those times. My husband loves Beef and Scallops and I decided to buy Black Angus Beef 100% Vegetarian Fed, Top Sirloin Filet (a mouth full) and Scallops and that I found at Trader Joe's.

For a side dish to accompany a salad, I went to the beefitwhatsfordinner website and as soon as I found Parmesan Orzo, I knew that would complete the meal. However, I did not have orzo, so I simply substituted Isreali Cousous.

I first marinated the steak in a simple mixture of soy sauce, lime juice and garlic for 30 minutes. During that time, I prepared and baked the scallops. I then put the oven on broil and started the steak and couscous. I broiled the steaks about 6 minutes on each side. I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day with whomever you choose to share it with.


By the way, please enter the $100 Omaha Steaks Giveaway. You can then choose your favorite cuts or try something new!

I wrote this post while working on a “I Heart Beef” campaign with TheMotherhood.com on behalf of The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.

1 comment:

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

What a great dinner... I don't eat a lot of beef, but my hubby would love it. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin